Your account is fully set up and you have had a nose around, now it's time to put out some teasers on FB, pick your club ambassadors and open you diary.
Officially this is the start of your salon membership, however the first 10 members will be unpaid.
I know, I know - but these first 10 freebies will be invaluable for marketing.
Once you Salon BLOCS account is activated you will find 10 x 1 month voucher codes at the bottom of your profile page, plus 1 x 1 year voucher code (only available on pay yearly accounts, pay monthly or quarterly can purchase the vouchers in our resource shop)
The vouchers should be used in this way:
- 7 x 1 month - given to Ambassadors.
- 3 x 1 month - given to competition winner 9 explained in later steps)
- 1 x 1 year - used by yourself to test the software from a members pov
1st The Facebook Teasers:
Over a 1 week period you will need to post 2 posts per day to build interest in you club.
These should be engaging posts which ask open ended questions, such as:
- What do you enjoy most about visiting the salon?
- What treatment at the salon do you love the most?
- If you could visit us everyday who would you have and why?
Think them up before hand and use our marketing images, include the hashtags:
When constructing the content and in fact any post of facebook try to:
- Set a tagging challenge (eg "tag a friend that deserves...")
- Make it so that they must say "why"
- Encourage them to share to the friend.
A Facebook post will be promoted by FB algorithms if it gets:
- Long comments
- Shares with further engagement
- Video that is viewed for 60 seconds or more
Your very first post will be:
Do you like weekly pampering? Is the health of your hair important to you? Would saving money on salon appointments help?
We are looking for existing clients to trial a new concept for us and become our Salon Ambassadors.
You will receive free services for 1 month in return for:
- Frequent honest feedback (public and private)
- Promoting our salon services online.
- Modelling for photos at our premises at appointments.
- Being used as a case study for future clients.
- You will need to attend at least 3 hair appointments within 1 month.
If the above sounds like you, and you believe you could fulfil this role comment below:
"I am interested in becoming an Ambassador"
If you know someone else who this might suit please tag them and please share this unique opportunity for us.
Include an image from our marketing gallery, and continue to post and share these posts, over the next week. Encourage your team, friends and family to like, share and comment too.
Do not announce exactly what the club is until it's competition time.
2nd The Ambassadors:
It is not necessary, and in fact unlikely that you will pick your ambassadors from the facebook post; we do not want to leave it to chance and therefore will be hnd picking them from your current clientele.
This is something that you will need your team's help, the criteria for the 7 ambassadors is:
- Active on Social media.
- Already an advocate of the salon.
- Active in the community (clubs, business owners)
- Someone who can use your club in non-peak times, like a new mum.
- None of the 7 should be current, regular, blowdry clients.
Once you have chosen your 7 ambassadors (and a couple more in reserve) send them out an email with the following:
I hope this message finds you well.
I wanted to get in touch personally to offer you a new unique role at the salon as an Ambassador of our brand new Salon Membership Club.
We know you are a long standing loyal client or the salon and always recommend us, so we thought this role may suit you and gives us an opportunity to reward you for it.
The position would be for one month, for which time you will have free access to our Unlimited Blowdry Membership.
This is a new initiative we will be launching to the public in a few weeks time, and we would love for you to be on board to help us test it, refine it and promote it.
Of course the benefits to you are free, unlimited blowdry appointments for 1 month, but we do have specific tasks we would also need you to carry out to fulfil this role.
Terms and conditions:
- Upon receiving the pass and becoming an ambassador you will post a thank you post, with our facebook page tagged and checked in, and including the hashtags #JoinOurClub & #[SalonName]Membership
- You will also comment on the "Announcement post" made by us.
- You will attend a minimum of 3 appointments during the month.
- Following each Club appointment during your free month, you will post a selfie at the salon, with our facebook page tagged and checked in, and including the hashtags #JoinOurClub & #[SalonName]Membership
- You will Recommend us on our facebook page, quoting the Salon Membership and including the hashtags #JoinOurClub & #[SalonName]Membership
- You will allow us to take and publish photos of you in the salon before, during and after your service.
- You will invite 1 friend who is not currently a salon client, to join you at one of your club appointments.
- You agree for us to tag and mention you on facebook on Membership related posts.
- Following the 1 month you will post a thank you post and recommendation, with our facebook page tagged and checked in, and including the hashtags #JoinOurClub & #[SalonName]Membership
If you are happy please just reply to this message that you agree, or please just ask if you have any questions.
Unfortunately, due to the timely nature of announcing the winners I can only give you until 5 pm today before choosing another winner, I hope you understand.
If for whatever reason you are not happy or feel you could not fulfill these requirements please let us know asap so that we can contact another client.
If you have any questions please reply to this message.
If they are happy to become an ambassador, simply send them a voucher code and ask them to join at www.salonblocs.com/app/???
Last open your blocks:
Lastly, and actually before the ambassadors register you will need to open a few blocks in your diary on Salon BLOCS.
Check for patterns in your diary of when is the least popular times, but for you ambassadors also add in a few premium time slots too.
If you have a google sync active then simply create these in your booking system, if you do not or use a paper diary then block out the corresponding time in your diary.